Dark Side of the Con / Coronavirus update
We are continuing to closely monitor updates from the CDC and local news. At this time we have no plans to postpone our event. We do take our guest’s safety seriously and together with the Sheraton Parsippany we are taking the steps to keep everyone safe and healthy:
– The Sheraton Parsippany will have double the staff to clean all public area door knobs / handles, bathrooms, countertops and any other areas that attendees’ hands come in contact with.
– Hand Sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the public areas
– Additional tissues will be located near areas where doors need to be opened
– Food servers, lobby attendants, and ticketing / registration staff will have gloves on at all times while serving food/beverage, making transactions, cleaning etc.
– Sheraton staff will use a no handshake policy and attempt to keep a safe distance between all other staff and guests
– 1,000 personal Dark Side of the Con branded hand-sanitizers will be distributed for free to attendees when they check-in.
We do ask all our guests to take extra precautions as well such as:
– Wash your hands regularly.
– Stay home if you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
While we do take the situation seriously, we are still looking forward to having another great event! We just had 2 events in NYC over this weekend and they both were very successful, including a sold out show. Ticket sales for Dark Side of the Con are very strong so it’s looking like it’s going to be our best convention yet. Let’s stay healthy and have a great time!